Making payroll is can sometimes be a huge issue for business owners. It might even be one of the reasons you are investigating a cash flow forecasting solution.
With Float, you can get a daily view of cash flowing into, and out of, your business.
And because payroll is a very predictable outgoing, you can easily use this to lay the foundation for a highly detailed forecast.
This Task Should Take Less Than 3 Minutes
- Log-in to Float
- Scroll down to your payroll category
- Click into this month’s cell in that row
- Click “Create Budget” in the top right corner of the pop-up
- After naming your budget and including the amount, check the box that says “All future months”
- If you pay staff every month select “Every Month”, or else, “Every Week”, “Every 2 Weeks”, “Every Quarter”, or “Every Year”
- Select the date (or day) when the cash for payroll leaves your bank account
- Click “Create Budget” in the bottom right-hand corner
When you have done this you will have set a repeating budget. You will see the total monthly outgoings displayed in all future cells.
For more information on how to set budgets, check out our help article here!
Up Next – Step 5: Plan Your Next Payment Run >>