Cash flow forecasting isn’t really about number crunching. The real value of forecasting comes from discussing the assumptions and plans behind the numbers.
While cash flow forecasting is incredibly useful as a solo activity, its power is increased exponentially when you bring in business advisors like your accountant, or an investor. These people can ensure your assumptions are robust and help you to execute your plans.
That’s why this task is about sharing a report with someone you trust.
This Should Take Less Than 2 Minutes
- Log-in to Float
- Use the arrows on the right-hand side of the screen just above the graph to adjust your view
- Select the view you want to report (“Days”, “Weeks”, or “Months”)
- Make sure you’re viewing the scenario that you want to create a report on
- Go to the download icon to the left of the arrows, on the right-hand side of the screen
- Select either “Export to PDF” or “Export to CSV”
- Give your report a second to download and then view it in another tab
- Now attach your report to an email and send it to an advisor of your choice
You should find the ensuing conversation extremely helpful!
Have you completed all 9 Steps? If so, you’re well on your way to keeping on top of your cash flow!
If you still have any questions, please contact customer support through the chat icon at the bottom right of your screen. And if you haven’t worked through all 9 Steps, pop back to this page to fill in the gaps.