Now you’ve got yourself up and running on Float, it’s time to share the joy with the rest of your team. Here’s how to get your team on board and up-to-date with our cash flow forecasting software.
Why should you add staff members to Float?
- You can add as many staff members to Float as you like, for no extra cost
- You can also choose which clients (if any) your staff members will have access to
- Adding staff members to Float will enable them to learn the software themselves, add their clients to Float, and train their clients
- The more staff members you add, the more clients you’ll be able to offer cash flow services to
How to add a staff member
- Log into Float
- Go to your Staff tab
- Add your staff member to your account by entering their first name, last name and email address
- Choose which clients they’ll have access to
- Your staff member will then be sent an email with a link to join Float, if they can’t see this email then they should check their spam folder
How to train staff on Float
We recommend training your staff on Float the same way you learned it:
Step 1: Understanding your present cash
- Importance of regular reconciliation / matching in the accounting software
- Selecting bank accounts and credit cards
Step 2: Understanding your future cash
- Updating invoices & bills
- Create cash budgets
Step 3: Review & build upon the forecast, including scenario planning
- Review the Daily Breakdown
- Create scenarios for ‘what-if’s
For full training on each step, check out our Learn How to Use Float page
We recommend staff members take the free Float certification course.
And if you and your team would like to join an upcoming webinar you can do that here.
For more information on how to use, promote and price Float, check out our Accountant & Bookkeeper Resources Hub